Mine started with: Arnold: Great Music from the Films of Arnold Schwarzenegger
I don’t think you can find this anymore. Most of the tracks can be found easily online.
Yet I’m sure it was one of the first CDs I ever owned.
Back in the early ’90s, something like this was gold; you didn’t have to hunt down each individual movie soundtracks for the best music. All of these songs are worthy to be played at your tabletop (except for, perhaps, the music from Kindergarten Cop).
1. Terminator 2: Judgement Day – Main Title – Brad Fledel
2. T2 – Escape from the Hospital – Brad Fledel
3. T2 – It’s Over (Good-bye) – Brad Fledel
4. Conan the Barbarian – Anvil of Crom – Basil Poledouris
5. Conan – Riddle of Steel/Riders of Doom – Basil Poledouris
6. Kindergarten Cop – Astoria School Theme – Randy Edelman
7. Kindergarten Cop – Rain Ride – Randy Edelman
8. Total Recall – The Dream – Jerry Goldsmith
9. Total Recall – The Mutant – Jerry Goldsmith
10. Running Man – Intro/Bakersfield – Harold Faltermeyer
11. Running Man – Main Title/Fight Escape – Harold Faltermeyer
12. Running Man – Revolution/End Credits – Harold Faltermeyer
13. Red Sonja – Theme – Ennlo Morricone
14. Raw Deal – Brains and Trains – Cinemascore
15. Raw Deal – Kaminski Stomps – Cinemascore
16. Raw Deal – Harry Shot/Harry Walks – Cinemascore
17. Conan the Destroyer – Main Title/Riders of Taramis – Basil Poledouris
18. Conan the Destroyer – Crystal Palace – Basil Poledouris
I remember playing “The Mutant” when my players took their first trip into Planescape.
When an iron golem first chased the PCs, they heard “Escape from the Hospital.”
In anticipation for a climactic battle with a villain, they heard the music from Conan the Destroyer.
Did the music really often match the pseudo-medieval theme of my AD&D games? Of course not. But we didn’t care.
Every RPG music library has to begin somewhere.
How did yours begin?