What do you do? Roll 1d10
- Get inspired to make a similar statue for your games.
- Get drunk–it’s St. Patrick’s Day tomorrow!
- Convert some pagans and then stomp on some snakes.
- Remain a pagan and laugh at the Christian idolatry.
- Put aside all religious difference and drink–it’s St. Patrick’s Day tomorrow!
- Play Snakes and Ladders: The RPG
- Create a Druid or AD&D 1st Edition Bard Character.
- Leave your game and eat some corned beef and cabbage. Drink Green Beer.
- Listen to some old school House of Pain.
- Look up what St. Patrick’s Day is really about and report back. (Hint: Not Green Beer)
In 2011, my girlfriend and I took a trip to Rolla, Missouri, to attend a conference at the University of Science and Technology. While there we took in some of the sites around town and campus.
Yes. That is a Stonehenge.
And then this view greeted us just north of the Rolla. The picture, of course, doesn’t do it justice. It reminded be of Cimmeria, a poem by the legendary Robert E. Howard:
The dark woods, masking slopes of sombre hills;
The grey clouds’ leaden everlasting arch;
The dusky streams that flowed without a sound,
And the lone winds that whispered down the passes…